Skip to content

Mold Removal & Mitigations San Antonio, Texas

mold removal san antonio texas

Mold grows on almost everything. It grows and multiplies by breaking down organic material. They occur naturally on wood, paper, textiles, clothes, and drywall, and they can grow on almost any other material that can tolerate dampness. The most commonly found forms of mold are in moist areas of your home or buildings. Our professional team at San Antonio Foundation Repair Pro provides foundation repair needs including mold removal and mitigation to protect your home from the health risks of molds.


Black Mold

Stachybotrys Chartarum, or black mold, is a type of toxic microfungus which produces its conidium in slime form. It can be found in almost drywall and cellulose-rich construction materials from moist or water-logged buildings, but the most common mold found in the upper respiratory tract are found in damp or moist areas of the home. They can cause serious respiratory conditions like asthma attacks and wheezing. Allergic reactions, asthma attacks, coughing and shortness of breath are common symptoms of people exposed to mold.

NEW Free Quote - Orange

    Name *

    Phone Number *

    Email *

    Street / City / Zip Code *

    How Can We Help? *

    Allergic Reactions

    Allergic reactions, wheezing and coughing are the result of mycotoxins - mold growth products that release toxins into the air. These toxins act on the human body by causing irritation and inflammation of the nasal and upper respiratory tract, leading to difficulty in breathing, sinusitis, and even asthma attacks. Inhaling large amounts of mold spores can trigger a similar effect. To get rid of these mycotoxins, experts have developed a variety of techniques for mold removal. There are many ways to combat this health hazard; however, the best way is to prevent them from happening in the first place.


    Mold Growth

    Mold is not dangerous by itself. When it grows, it thrives on moisture and is attracted to areas where there is either excess heat or moisture. These factors combine to give the mold a favorable environment for growth, resulting in toxic black mold. This toxic kind of mold can cause many health problems, including severe allergic reactions, infections, asthma attacks, and lung cancer. It is not a substance that you would want to inhale on a regular basis. Toxic mold should be removed as soon as possible to avoid further complications.


    Relative Humidity

    Mold thrives in areas where the relative humidity is high and the relative humidity is low. If you live in a basement or crawl space, there is a good chance that you have a mold problem. Areas around the water pipes, the vents and the plumbing are also prime locations for mold to thrive.
    The most common types of mycotoxins are the black and the dark green varieties, which are usually visible through a simple visual inspection. These toxic varieties of mold are dangerous, and they can only be removed by trained professionals.



    One of the most dangerous forms of toxic mold are the mycotoxins black and dark green. These toxic types of mold are known to cause very serious health problems, and they do not show up until damage has been done. Toxic black mold grows when moisture is present, and this damage can happen in any part of the house. There are specific black mold symptoms that come about from toxic mold growth, and these symptoms are very dangerous. Anyone who thinks they may have become exposed to toxic black mold must seek medical attention immediately, because the longer it is left untreated the more dangerous it becomes.


    Mycotoxins Exposure

    When it comes to mycotoxins, black and the dark green varieties are the most dangerous because they are known to cause respiratory symptoms. Many people who become sick with respiratory-related symptoms do not realize that the illnesses could have been caused by a basement leak or water damage. Those who are exposed to mycotoxins will often develop coughing fits, wheezing, chest pains, and even shortness of breath. They will also often suffer from memory loss and permanent memory loss, and they can become depressed. Any type of medical symptoms that can be associated with mold exposure should be checked out by a doctor.


    Mold Inspection

    Mold inspection is not an easy task, especially when you consider that it can be done by many different professionals. In order for your home to be safe, you need to make sure that there are no leaks in the roof or in the foundation, and if you see any condensation on windows or on the
    walls then you need to have your home inspected by a mold removal professional near me. If you do find toxic black mold in your home, then you should take action as soon as possible so that it does not spread and become a serious health hazard.


    Toxic Black Mold

    If you or someone you know has symptoms of black mold, it is imperative that you have a mold inspection performed as soon as possible. Even if the mold is not dangerous, mold can still be a health risk to those who are exposed to it. This is particularly true for those who suffer from asthma. It can also pose a threat to those with allergies, such as individuals who suffer from pollen allergies. In fact, there are some people who experience migraines, chest pains, skin problems and other similar symptoms that they attribute to having exposure to mold while in their homes. Therefore, if you suspect that you have black mold in your house, you need to have it tested as soon as possible. 

    A typical routine mold inspection will not contain mold testing and inspections on the ceiling tiles, which are the foundation for the drywall and wood framing surrounding the room where the mold is found. You may only discover mildew on walls and other surfaces. However, you may uncover the mold colony in places you never would have thought about. As a result, it is imperative that  you have a mold inspection done on all drywall, wood framing and ceiling tiles in your home, before the problem becomes too severe. If you find mold, you need to repair it as quickly as possible. 

    You should not underestimate the dangers of long-term mold exposure. Although the spores cannot actually cause death, long-term exposure can leave you and those around you more vulnerable to respiratory illnesses such as bronchitis, chronic coughs and asthma. You may also develop symptoms such as headaches, memory loss, poor concentration, memory loss, rashes, muscle and joint pain, respiratory infections, severe headaches, memory loss and more. 

    If you find toxic black mold in your home, the best course of action is to have a mold inspection performed by a certified mold specialist. Once he or she identifies the specific mold species involved, he or she will be able to recommend a mold remediation process. In most instances this involves removing the infected objects and placing them in a sealed plastic bag. This will be disposed of once the contaminated objects have been identified and the testing is completed. 

    If you have a relative humidity level which may be high, there are several things you can do to prevent the spread of the mold. You may consider reducing the relative humidity levels inside of your home by using a dehumidifier in every room. This device will draw moisture from the air and change the relative humidity levels accordingly. Lower the relative humidity levels inside of your home and you will greatly reduce the chances of developing black mold. 


    Mold Specialist Near Me

    The inspection report from a mold specialist can be used as a referral source for various professionals. He or she will be able to provide you with several recommendations for handling your mold problem. You may also want to contact the county health department to identify common types of mold that are likely to be prevalent within your area. You can then contact one or more mold remediation specialists to handle the problem. 

    Even though it's important to first take care of any visible mold growth, it's equally important to address the source of the water damage. If you detect the presence of black mold but don't have any visible mold growth, then you should focus on the water damage. Many mold experts will advise you to use a dehumidifier and absorbent bedding. They'll also recommend that you hire a mold mitigation service to prevent future issues with toxic black mold. This team can assist you with everything from removing damaged objects to sealing for damp locations to prevent the spores from spreading. 

    There's little doubt about the fact that water damage can result in mold problems. If you do not immediately get rid of the water problem, you may find that you have a mold problem on your hands. Fortunately, many mold remediation companies offer a range of services which can help you get rid of the water issue as soon as possible. Don't wait to get rid of the water issue or you could end up having to deal with toxic black mold instead. Consult a professional mold removal service if necessary to address your mold problem.